- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups of either sliced almonds or mixed nuts of your choice like pecans, walnuts, almonds and macadamia nuts.
- A cup of shelled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons a chai seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 300° F (148.9° C)
Toss coconut flakes with nuts, seeds, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
In a small saucepan, cook honey, coconut or olive oil over medium heat stirring occasionally until hot, about a minute. Pour over nut mixture and stir to combine.
Spread mixture on a parchment lined baking pan, evenly. Place in oven.
Bake for 12 minutes and stir with wooden spoon. Bake for 13-15 more minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Once cooled, use a pizza slicer or knife to make into squares or bars.
Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.