- 1 medium head cauliflower
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic or more
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives
- 3 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well. Do not let it cool. Pat and dry cooked cauliflower very dry between paper towels. Purée the hot cauliflower in a food processor or blender together with the garlic, chicken base, unsweetened coconut milk and pepper until almost smooth. Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter.