Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4-6 cups raw spinach (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of chopped feta cheese
- ¼ cup of roasted pecans chopped
- ¼ cup of cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F (204.4°C).
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay out the pecans.
Sprinkle the pecans with coconut oil and salt and roast for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
Combine the ¼ cup of olive oil and the 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in a large bowl.
Add the honey or maple syrup, the poppy seeds and whisk all of these ingredients together adding salt and pepper to taste.
Then add spinach, strawberries, roasted nuts, cranberries and the feta cheese and combine.
Substitute spinach with arugula or kale, or your greens of choice.