Makes 2-4 servings
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into balls
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup toasted walnuts (optional)
Use a melon ball scooper to make watermelon balls. Set aside in a bowl.
Add the cracked black pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar, crumbled feta cheese and oil to a large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
Add in watermelon balls and blueberries and mix with your hands to get them well covered with the mixture.
Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 10-15 minutes for the flavors to blend.
Divide watermelon balls and blueberries into bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves, mint leaves and lightly mix all together.
Add the walnuts if desired.