- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste (optional)
In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil together over medium-high heat.
Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the chard stems and the white wine.
Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted.
Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
Season to taste with salt if needed.