Serves: 16 meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk mozzarella,shredded
- 2 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil for frying
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
Form mixture into 16 meatballs.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan. Add the meatballs to the hot oil, about 1 inch apart and cook over low/medium heat for about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Serve plain, with marinara or BBQ sauce.
1. If you can’t find whole milk mozzarella, use low moisture.
2. If your saute pan cannot accommodate 12 meatballs, cook them in two batches.
3. Because the cheese melts out a bit, be careful that they don't burn. If they appear to be getting dark quickly, then turn down the heat and cook them at a lower temperature.