Ingredients for dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Ingredients for salad
- Two large fennel bulbs
- Two tablespoons of fronds from the fennel
- Four navel oranges peeled and segmented and cut in half.
- One medium red onion thinly sliced into rings and then halved
- Three large avocados or four to five small ones
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Fresh mint chopped
Peel and segment the oranges. Remove as much pith, the white stuff holding the orange together, as possible.
Cut the slices in half and add to a bowl.
Finely chop 2 tablespoons of fennel fronds.
Add about half to the bowl and save the rest for garnish
Slice the fennel bulbs into quarters removing outer leaves.
Toss the fennel, orange segments, red onion gently.
Chop the avocado into many cubes and set aside for topping the salad servings.
Dish the orange fennel salad onto a serving platter and spread the avocado chunks on top.
Sprinkle salad with reserved chopped fennel fronds and chopped mint./p>
Make the easy salad dressing by mixing all ingredients listed above and drizzle over the salad.